As a statistical consultant and researcher I use my analytical skills to help you build your evidence base as effectively as possible by making the best use of your resources and data. I follow the Royal Statistical Society‘s Code of Conduct and I describe more about my approach to consultancy and what you can expect from me here.
Examples of the way in which I can contribute are given below. Please get in touch if you wish to discuss with me how I might be able to help.
- Project design: At the start of your project I can help you think through the requirements of your study and identify the objectives, hypotheses and resource constraints. I can help you develop appropriate strategies for study design, research methods, data collection, analysis, interpretation and dissemination. I can help you develop strategies for proceeding with the work and with funding proposals;
- Data collection strategies: If you have the resources for data collection I can help you design projects that are as efficient and effective as possible whether this is an experiment, survey or more ad-hoc form of study;
- Using existing data: If you have, or can access, existing data I can help you evaluate how these data may be used to address your specific questions, what other secondary (or primary) data may be useful and what the consequences are for analysis;
- Data analysis: I can find or develop appropriate statistical modelling strategies and apply these to your data;
- Presenting and reporting results: I can synthesise the results of data analyses to produce graphics, text and quantitative summaries that tell the story of you data to your audience;
- Reviews and evaluation: I can evaluate whether a past, current or future project has met or can meet the project objectives. This may include reviewing whether data have been appropriately analysed and whether results have been correctly interpreted. I can also help you learn from previous projects to improve future project design.
- Training: With experience of developing and running short courses for scientists and statisticians I can provide formal or informal training to explain statistical concepts and provide practical instruction.